Siddharth V. Patwardhan B.E., M.S., Ph.D., C.Chem., FRSC
Siddharth is a chemical engineer and a materials chemist. He is also a Professor at the University of Sheffield, where he leads the Green Nanomaterials Research group. Siddharth has over 20 years of experience of developing sustainable, scalable and economical processes and products. He uniquely applies the excellence in green chemistry and materials manufacturing for evaluating and developing technologies in diverse areas such as catalysis, carbon capture, energy storage, environmental remediation and drug delivery. Siddharth has considerable experience of industry-academic collaborations.
Recognition and professional experience:
He is a Fellow of the EPSRC and a Fellow of the Royal Society of Chemistry. He has provided expert advice to Chemistry World and recently he was featured in Materials World. Siddharth has been a core member of his department’s leadership team and chaired a curriculum transformation committee in order to radically transform the UG curriculum.
Siddharth has experience of working with/as:
- RSC's Process Chemistry & Technology Special Interest Group (current committee member)
- EPSRC’s Early Career Forum for Manufacturing Research,
- RSC’s Materials Chemistry Division,
- EPSRC’s Directed Assembly Grand Challenge Network
- Organiser of a symposium at ACS Green Chemistry and Engineering conference.
- British Council’s Researcher Links/Newton Fund Panel member.
- Evaluator/reviewer for national and international bodies, e.g. EPSRC, NSF, DFG and Croatian Science Foundation.
- EPSRC prioritisation panels as a full member of the EPSRC College.
Along with various funding awards, he received the Dedicated Outstanding Mentor award four-times in recognition of his mentoring skills that helped mentees “make a significant transition in knowledge, work, or thinking”, two “SuperVisionary” awards in recognition of good all round supervision and Teaching Excellence Award twice.